Sign in or
SanJose-4-Services as Products
What drives customers to choose a product-as-a-service over a traditional product (purchased as a capital expenditure).
Designing a product to have a take-back program. Pro-active design, design for recycling.
Old and New Products-as-a-Service:
- City car programs
- Cite bike programs
- Leasing copiers
- Carrying a handkerchief
- Staging furniture for selling a home
How do you incentivise?
- Products are social - people imitate others. Need to make the product attractive and socially acceptable - e.g. snazzy water bottles for tap water
- Get peoples' kids to hold them to task concerning the environmental impact of their actions - "Daddy - you should recycle that!"
- Get beyond the factor of ownership as a status - ephemerality is also a status. E.g., laundry service vs. owning a washing machine
- Present the full cost to the buyer - total cost of ownership
author is the founder of the company Balsamiq
Latest page update: made by sbboyd
, Aug 5 2009, 6:22 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by sbboyd
12 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page