| | Solutions Labs provide leading thinkers and “doers” from business, academia and organizations with the opportunity to explore the next generation of business sustainability -- one in which we can grow profits for our companies and create positive impact on the planet. At these one-day, participatory events, participants craft the agenda and spend their time actively networking and brainstorming the next “big ideas” for accelerating green innovation.
- Boston, MA - December 8, 2011 - Join us and the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (formerly the Pew Center on Global Climate Change) for the third annual Boston Solutions Lab, to be held at the Microsoft New England Research Center on Thursday December 8, 2011. This year’s event will explore how we conceive of innovation, and its role in addressing key environmental and sustainability challenges, including climate change, while maintaining economic and business growth. Register for this event or for more information, please visit the Boston 2011 GIBN Solutions Lab page. Please stay tuned for more information about the dates, locations and themes.
- Orlando, FL - October 12, 2011 Manufacturing and retail companies will come together for the Vision 2050 Solutions Lab to discuss opportunities for a Zero Waste/100% Product future and build their leadership skills for change. This event is invitation only. For more information please contact Odin Zackman (firstname.lastname@example.org or David Witzel (email@example.com).
Some of the themes presented and discussed at past Solutions Labs:
- Engaging consumers and changing behavior
- Employee engagement in sustainability
- Stakeholder engagement in sustainability
- Corporate/non-profit/government partnerships
- Effective collaboration for sustainability
- Metrics & benchmarking/creating standards for sustainability
- Energy efficiency: dismantling barriers through behavioral change, financial instruments, and technological innovation
- Greening IT - data centers, carbon management software, green technology
- Green operations/ material use including supply chain, water, waste issues; life-cycle analysis
- Sustainable transportation and freight
- How to influence legislation
- Creating green cities
- Practical steps for implementing innovation at your company/organization
- Sustainability and the profit motive
- Leveraging sustainability initiatives to strengthen branding
- Using private equity to drive innovation
- Shifting corporate culture
- R&D for sustainable products
- Sustainability of food systems
See what a Solutions Lab is Like
Mark Leisher of Green Roads TV prepared this introductory video from the 2010 Washington DC Solutions Lab.
- Explore innovative approaches for transforming business practices and creating new opportunities
- Make connections and explore new partnerships with leaders from other businesses and sectors
- Brainstorm solutions to shared challenges
You should attend if you are...
- Business professionals “doing” sustainability every day (CSR, operations, supply chain, marketing and other areas)
- Investors exploring environmental opportunities
- Academics conducting relevant research
- Staff of non-profits, government agencies and consulting firms helping businesses benefit from environmental opportunities
What will you get?
- Driving environmental innovation within your company
- Exploring "greener" products or services
- Looking for new ways to engage employees, customers, suppliers, or your management
- Looking for new partners, new approaches, new tools, and new ideas
What should you expect?
- Connections with leaders from business, government, academia, and non-profit organizations in your region
- Cutting-edge approaches for transforming business practices
- New ideas and new approaches to solving to your unique challenges
- New partners, clients, employees
For more information, please contact DIG IN.
Become a SupporterWe are looking for either your individual or your company's support in producing the 2011 Solutions Labs series. For more information, please see How to become a supporter.
You can also see a list of our 2009 supporters (thanks to all of them!).
What are the benefits of supporting the Solutions Labs?
- Visibility of your organization as a leader in advancing innovation in green business
- Opportunity to help create the content and format for the event
- Attendance at the event for a certain number of your employees
- Introduction to new ideas and resources to bring back to your organization