| | Logistics
University of Arkansas
Willard J. Walker Hall, Rm WJWJ 203
191 North Harmon Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Ride share & public transportation page
WiFi, Blogging & Tweeting
You are encouraged to blog, tweet, and post to this wiki! Use the hash tag #GIBN10 when tweeting so we can find your posts.
| Time || Topic || Objective|
| 8:00 AM || Arrival || Registration and Breakfast |
| 8:30 AM || Opening || Welcome, introduce day, basic housekeeping|
Thank hosts, supporters and team
Welcome comments from:
- Odin Zackman, Facilitator
- Jon Johnson, Ph.D., Co-Director, Sustainability Consortium, University of Arkansas (5)
- Michelle Harvey, Project Manager, Environmental Defense Fund (5)
- Fred Bedore, Senior Director, Business Strategy and Development, Walmart (10)
| 9:00 AM || Introductions || Meet the participants, |
hear about expectations
| 9:20 AM || Framing || Explain format, goals for the day |
| 9:30 AM || Conversation Catalyst: "Assessing Sustainability" || |
Vonda Lockwood, Director of Innovation and Sustainability, Walmart (10)
Questions, Feedback, Discussion (20)
| 10:00 || "Green Business Talk Show": Sustainability and the New Business as Usual || Perspectives from:|
Questions, Feedback, Discussion (20)
- Michelle Harvey, EDF (moderator)
- Plumrose Foods Representative (invited)
- Greg van Buskirk, Ph.D., Research Fellow, Manager, Product Development, Clorox
- Zach Freeze, Senior Strategy Manager, Environmental, Safety and Health Compliance, Walmart
| 10:50 || Brief Break |
| 11:00 AM || "Seeking Solutions" Breakout Sessions |
Each table/breakout has a host and set of participants interested in particular topic—additional topics and themes may be proposed.
| Participants explore several themes of choice for three 20 minute sessions. Some initial theme questions include:|
And your suggestions…
- Prioritizing Sustainability: How do I determine what aspects of sustainability are important for my business?
- Assessing Progress/Using Data and Metrics: How can I learn more about my own internal sustainability performance?
- Greening the Supply Chain: How can I learn more about the sustainability performance of my supply chain? How can I collaborate with suppliers to improve the sustainability performance of the whole value chain?
- Making the Case: How do I make the business case for sustainability in a way that will resonate with management?
- Shifting and Aligning Corporate Culture: What's the best way of aligning sustainability to incentives across departments?
- Financing Sustainability: What are creative ways of financing sustainability investments?
- Employee Engagement: How can I best engage employees on sustainability?
- Bringing Sustainability to Stakeholders: How can I share my sustainability performance with customers, suppliers, shareholders and employees?
| 12:15 PM || "Seeking Solutions" Debrief || Learning from initial sessions shared to frame afternoon design session |
| 12:30 PM || Lunch || Informal networking (30)|
| 1:00 || Conversation Catalyst || Matt Kistler, Senior Vice President Marketing, WalMart (10) |
Questions, Feedback, Discussion (10)
| 1:20 PM || Panel: "Building Sustainability Into Your Business" || Perspectives from: |
Questions, Feedback, Discussion (30)
- Catherine Greener, Co-Founder, Cleargreen Advisors, on hot spots, blind spots and bright spots
- Chip Jones, Senior Vice President Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Dean Foods, on turning transparency into action
- Sean Stephan, Director of Sustainable Supplier Solutions, Waste Management on haste makes waste – and cost
| 2:15 PM || "Solutions Salon" |
60 minutes for design discussion and presentation of learning preparation and/or ongoing exploration of key challenges and potential solutions for participants
| Participants choose the topic from the morning session that was most interesting/most relevant to their work. Each group will explore its topic more deeply and brainstorm solutions and next steps.|
| 3:15 PM || Break || Snacks and Beverages|
| 3:30 PM || "Solutions Forum" || Share key learning and potential innovations/solutions in small group and large group format|
| 4:15 PM || Large Group Debrief || Share what was learned & possible actions/next steps|
| 4:45-6:00 PM || Networking Reception || Continued informal networking || || | Generously hosted and locally organized by:
Local & Regional Supporters