Sign in or
Dr Steve Charlton, VP and Chief Technology Officer - Engine Business
* Cummins shares with all employees its core "Climate Change Principles," that include engaging employees, improving product efficiency and partnering with suppliers, plus advocacy aims, (e.g. developing responsible regulations and promoting incentives and technology development).
* It's maor focus of its products is on reducing C02 by increasing efficiency, including idle reduciton, developing hybrid engines (to be introduced in China soon), low carbon fuels, and waste heat recovery.
* Cummins was involved in the Commmercial Vehicle GHG Regulation, a federal rule that was approved in August 2011. It is also now working internationally on efficiency standards, particularly in China.
* Employee Engagement: A major focus that includes education and activities for the employees' homes, work places and communities.
- One key program is Energy Champions, in which one employee per site participates in a training program and is charged with improving the energy performance of his/her site (such as by conducting Treasure Hunts on a regular basis).
- The Environmental Challenge, an annual competition for employees to develop new ideas. Winning teams use their prize money ($5k to $15k) to support local community projects.
Full presentation deck attached below.
Latest page update: made by BethTrask
, Sep 20 2011, 10:06 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by BethTrask
61 words added
29 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page