Sign in or
Closing: Lessons learned and Next Steps
- Struck by paradigm shift (use of technology) -- let's acknowledge how far we've come and how encouraging that is.
- Transparency and driving green innovation - idea of going up one level. Besides using green to be cost competitive, what other broader categories can we bring in?
- Social networking is not the enemy. The diversity in the room is very encouraging.
- Community based solutions and organic solutions are the most sustainable solutions much of the time. People have ownership over
- Employee managed metrics for sustainability can be most useful - empowerment.
- We think of innovation as something technology focus, but innovation is much more. It's about how we relate to each other, using communities -- create new types of value to compliment existing metrics
- Excitement of direction we're headed -- transparency is the competitive edge. This is an example of a new way of looking at things.
- Empowerment of individuals. Giving people the info they need to make decisions is important.
- Companies often don't share green stories for fear of attack. But there are many good stories already out there.
- We need BOTH emotional intelligence and business intelligence to get where we want to go with green business
- Sustainability includes social and environmental
- Sustainability is about people and not about things
- Innovation can come at any age
- Nationwide web-conference to exchange ideas
- Summary report to circulate to colleagues -- this will happen
Latest page update: made by ereyna
, Aug 5 2009, 7:26 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by ereyna
90 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page