| 8:30 AM || Arrival || Registration and Breakfast |
| 9:00 AM || Opening || Welcome, introduce day, basic housekeeping |
Thank hosts, supporters and team
- Odin Zackman, Facilitator
Welcome comments from:
- Leah Brunson, Microsoft (3)
- Andre de Fontaine, Pew Center for Climate Change (5)
- Victoria Mills, EDF (5)
| 9:20 AM || Introductions || Meet the participants, |
hear about expectations
| 9:40 AM || Framing || Explain format, goals for the day |
| 10:00 AM || Conversation Catalyst || Peter Senge (10) |
Questions, Feedback, Discussion (20)
| 10:30 || Solutions Statement Session || Participants meet in initial groups to refine a topic into a particular focus question that will promote brainstorming of solutions |
| 10:50 || Brief Break || |
| 11:00 AM || Solutions Salon Breakouts |
Each table/breakout has a host and set of participants interested in particular topic—additional topics and themes may be proposed.
| Participants explore several themes of choice for three 20 minute sessions. Some initial theme questions include: |
- How do you make the business case for energy efficiency in a way that will resonate with senior management?
- What are creative ways of financing energy efficiency investments?
- What’s the best way of aligning energy efficiency incentives across departments?
- How do you best leverage partnerships across industries and sectors to make progress on energy efficiency?
- What are innovative ways of working with suppliers on energy efficiency?
- How can you best engage employees on energy efficiency efforts?
- How to incorporate green chemistry into product chain?
And your suggestions…
| 12:00 PM || Solutions Salon Debrief || Learning from initial sessions shared to frame afternoon design session |
| 12:15 PM || Lunch || Informal networking (30) |
Energy efficiency ‘talk show’ format with 2 invited guests and interviewer (25)
- Paul Fitzgerald, Sr. Director Facilities & Operations, EMC
- Richard Goode, Director of Sustainability, Alcatel-Lucent
- Devon Long-Lytle, Chapter President, Net Impact Boston
| 1:15 || INNOVATE! Presentations || Four 3-minute presentations on a big idea in EE (15) |
Feedback, Discussion (20)
- David Douglas, Chief Sustainability Officer, Sun Microsystems (former)
- Elaine Strunk, Environmental Program Manager, Saunders Hotel Group
- Frank Gorke, Director, Division of Energy Efficiency, MA Dept. of Energy Resources
- Victor Olgyay, AIA, Principal, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Bruce Buckbee, Managing Partner, Leisure Green LLC
| 1:50 PM |
| Design Session-Solutions Salon |
75 minutes for design discussion and presentation of learning preparation and/or ongoing exploration of key challenges and potential solutions for participants
| Participants choose the topic or theme from the morning session that was most interesting/most relevant to their work. |
Participants work together to design a set of solutions and a process and next steps for working on these solutions.
| 3:15 PM || Break || |
| 3:30 PM || Solutions and Innovations “Show and Tell” || Share key learning and new innovations/solutions in small group and large group format |
| 4:15 PM || Large Group Debrief || Share what was learned & possible actions/next steps |
| 4:30 PM || Thanks and Reflections || Key learning, proposed action steps, and network expansion ideas |
Thank supporters, participants
| 4:45-6:00 PM || Networking Reception || Continued informal networking |